Each month I will be interviewing one babywearing mama with a set of interview questions.
One mama per month.
I'm hoping to spread the babywearing love and show you the amazing babywearing options that I haven't yet mastered.
1. What is your name, how many children do you have/ages?
- Frances Bast, I have one baby girl! She is almost 10 months old!
2. When did you start babywearing?
- I started babywearing in June of 2012, when Kaya was 1 month old, but only rarely around the house. I was still getting the hang of it. I started actively wearing her out and about more often when she hit 3 months.
- My mentor, Christina Singhi is a big advocate for babywearing and got me into it! She introduced me to Jillian (owner of PAXBABY.COM), invited me to a babywearing seminar, and it was all downhill from there!
- Currently, my favorite wrap is my STARRY NIGHT FORGET ME NOT. It wraps itself, and it is the one I use most of the time. My favorite non-wrap is my REVERSE HALF BUCKLE TMD. I feel in love with it the first time I tried it on, Kaya loved it as well, and it is so easy for on the go, quick trips, fast in, fast out.
- My favorite thing about babywearing is the fact that my daughter loves it. There are so many benefits, I can list them all, the closeness, being hands free, etc.. But all in all, I never would have started babywearing if I didn't see just how much my baby loved it. It is her favorite thing to do. It is the only thing that can calm her down when nothing else works.
- I would love to spread the fact that babywearing is something every mom should consider a necessity. Tons of moms think of carriers as an "option" but to me, a carrier is just like a crib, clothes, car seat, or all the other items you deem a must have.
- I prefer A RUCK WITH A WRAP, it is easy, quick, and comfortable!
- If babywearing was a mom, it'd be the best mom in the world.
- AN ELA IN WONDERLAND, STARRY NIGHT LONA, and OBIMAMA'S SILVER CHERRY BLOSSOMS are all on my wishlist!
- YES! all the time! It was the only way I could in restaurants when Kaya wasn't not able to sit up in a high chair yet.