I love books.
I love reading.
I love all things paper and pages and words and history and imagination.
Before we moved, I had a little photoshoot with some of my unread books.
Pleased with a photo of all of the unread books in various crevices of my home, I put this post on the back burner, tackled packing and eventually tackled moving.
The awesome part about packing and moving is that you find things.
I mean, most people come across the random earring that fell behind the furniture, or the new ironing board cover that got put in the back of the closet.
At our house, we found lots of things.
Like, entire pieces of furniture burried in the garage, and boxes that were still not unpacked from our previous move more than three years ago.
In one of those never-unpacked-lost-in-the-garage-boxes, I found another book collection.
The box was marked "unread".
Below that box?
Yup...another box of books.
Also marked "unread".
So now, my little photoshoot served zero purpose.
I have more books than I know what to do with.
And I plan to read them all before I purchase another one.
And when I'm finished, it will not stay on my shelf to collect dust- it will become a part of someone else's unread library.
I'm working out a book exchange idea in my head.
Below I will type out the name of every book in my unread library.
I will update this post when I complete a book, and cross the title off of my list.
If you have read any of these, please tell me what you thought!
1. a density of souls- christopher rice
2. the memory keepers daughter- kim edwards
3. out stealing horses- per petterson
4. black boy- richard wright
5. the 19th wife- david ebershoff
6. comfort food- kate jacobs
7. the undomestic goddess- sophie kinsella
8. to kill a mockingbird- harper lee
9. can you keep a secret?- sophie kinsella
10. i know this much is true- wally lamb
11. crossroads- belva plain
12. son of a witch- gregory maguire
13. christ the lord- anne rice
14. primary colors- anon
15. blood canticle- ann rice
16. skinny- ibi kaslik
17. double take- catherine coulture
18. my friend leonard- james frey
19. eat, pray, love- elizabeth gilbert
20. building leaders- conger and benjamin
21. breaking dawn- stephanie meyer
22. the big book of secrets- william poundstone
23. atlas shrugged- ayn rand
24. honeymoon with my brother- franz wisner
25. totally desperate mom- wendy hagen
26. the right address- carrie karasyov and jill kargman
27. crooked little heart- anne lamott
28. the girls from ames- jeffrey zaslow
29. i don't know how she does it- allison pearson
30. gin lane- james brady
31. the kindness of strangers- katrina kittle
32. the difference between women and men- bret lott
33. a long way gone- ishmael beah
34. rejuvenile- christopher noxon
35. the diary of an american au pair- marjorie leet ford
36. much ado about jessie kaplan- paula marantz cohen
37. pandora- anne rice
38. eclipse- stephanie meyer
39. love and other impossible pursuits- ayelet waldman
40. the reader- bernard schlink
41. bergdorf blondes- plum sykes
42. high maintenance- jennifer belle
43. last chance saloon- marian keyes
44. the true and outstanding adventures of the hunt sisters- elizabeth robinson
45. memoirs of a geisha- arthur golden
46. wobegon boy- garrison keillor
47. running with scissors- augusten burroughs
48. remember me?- sophie kinsella
49. hotel honolulu- paul theroux
50. the sweet potato queens' book of love- jill conner browne
51. a rotten person travels the caribbean- gary buslik
52- waiting- debra ginsberg
53. the nasty bits- anthony bourdain
54. upstairs girls- rutter
55. in her shoes- jennifer weiner
56. knitting under the influence- claire lazetnik
57. running in heels- anna maxteed
58. angry housewives eating bon bons- lorna landvik
59. for one more day- mitch albom
60. little earthquakes- jennifer weiner
61. the secret life of bees- sue monk kidd
62. little altars everywhere- rebecca wells
63. good in bed- jennifer weiner
64. the brooklyn follies- paul auster
65. jemima j- jane green
66. 101 lies men tell women- dory hollander, ph.d.
67. too much money- dominick dunne
68. first, break all the rules- marcus buckingham and curt coffman
69. lies and the lying liars who tell them- al franken
70. send me someone- wentworth
71. the lovely bones- alice sebold
72. swell- cynthia rowley and ilen rosenzweig